Successful Aging - A Neuroscientist Explores the Power and Potential of Our Lives
Author(s): Daniel J. Levitin
INSTANT TOP 10 BESTSELLER *New York Times *USAToday *Washington Post *LA Times
"Debunks the idea that aging inevitably brings infirmity and unhappiness and instead offers a trove of practical, evidence-based guidance for living longer and better."
--Daniel H. Pink, author of When and Drive
SUCCESSFUL AGING delivers powerful insights:
- Debunking the myth that memory always declines with age
- Confirming that "health span"--not "life span"--is what matters
- Proving that sixty-plus years is a unique and newly recognized developmental stage
- Recommending that people look forward to joy, as reminiscing doesn't promote health
Levitin looks at the science behind what we all can learn from those who age joyously, as well as how to adapt our culture to take full advantage of older people's wisdom and experience. Throughout his exploration of what aging really means, using research from developmental neuroscience and the psychology of individual differences, Levitin reveals resilience strategies and practical, cognitive- enhancing tricks everyone should do as they age.
Successful Aging inspires a powerful new approach to how readers think about our final decades, and it will revolutionize the way we plan for old age as individuals, family members, and citizens within a society where the average life expectancy continues to rise.
- : 9781524744205
- : Penguin Publishing Group
- : Dutton
- : 0.401429
- : December 2020
- : 1.062 Inches X 5.312 Inches X 8 Inches
- : books
- : Daniel J. Levitin
- : Paperback
- : English
- : 528